Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bloglines

...
Things #8 and #9
...

Below is my Bloglines "Blogroll." Some are feeds suggested through the OCL Web Challenge page, some were from the Bloglines Top 1000, some were suggested to me through Bloglines based on what I selected as my interests, and others I found on my own or knew about previously.

I like how RSS allows you to have links to all of your favorite blogs or news sites all in one place, and it lets you know when things have been updated. I am not proud of it, but I check The Superficial and Perez Hilton pretty much everyday and am always disappointed when I go there to find nothing new has been posted. Obviously, I think this is a great way for me to have all of my library/work information in one place, too. It will save a lot of time.

Besides the feeds that were automatically given to me based on my interests, it was definitely easiest to find and add feeds either through the Bloglines Top 1000 (many of which are library related) or by going to sites I already knew and seeing if they had a Bloglines icon. Skimming through the Bloglines Top 1000 was very time consuming but still worth it because you can easily add the feeds you want from there.

My favorite blog I found through this exercise that I was not aware of before was A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette. Very funny!

My Blogroll:



Oh and this is just a funny I picture I happened to see while doing this exercise. It is from the Best Week Ever feed:

No comments: