Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wrapping Up


...
Thing #23
...

What was your favorite thing you learned about?
I love using the digital camera and posting photos, and especially liked using Picnik to add a frame and text to my flower picture. Exploring Flickr was fun and I found some interesting blogs through Bloglines. I can see myself using Library Thing in the future as well as wikis and ListenNJ. YouTube is of course fun and I am now interested in podcasts as well.

Conversely, what did you like least about Web 2.0?
Even though I was exposed to more sites of interest because of Bloglines, I think RSS feeds might be my least favorite thing about Web 2.0. I'm just not sold on it.

What areas of Web 2.0 do you think the library should get more involved in?
I know they have already started using it, but I think using YouTube as a way to advertise and expose library programs is something OCL could get more involved in. YouTube is really popular so we could reach a lot of people that way.

What Web 2.0 services have you shared with your friends and family?
I am going to share about ListenNJ with friends and family because I don't think many people know about this.

No comments: