Monday, April 7, 2008

NetLibrary and WorldCat

...
Thing #12
...

NetLibrary

I set up a NetLibrary account and took a look around. I found it easy to set up the account. I browsed through an ebook titled Caldecott on the Net, which I think would be a useful resource for teachers and librarians. I think the best thing about NetLibrary is that once you have created your account you can access it anytime. I do think I could show a customer how to use NetLibrary. I think there are some patrons who would find this very useful while others might not understand.

WorldCat

I did a search for a book called No One Heard Her Scream that one of our Island Hrights patrons recently filled out an ILL form for. The closest library that owns the title is Mercer County Library. I think WorldCat's Advanced Search Screen is set up in a way that people will easily understand and would definitely be useful when filling out the "Request for Materials" form.

No comments: